Founded in Birmingham in 1876, Fellows is a family-run firm of auctioneers and valuers based in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter and Mayfair in London. We are one of the UK's most established auction houses, with a focus on luxury watches, designer brands and unique pieces of jewellery. We hold regular specialist auctions, around 6 every month.
We take pride in our friendly manner and excellent customer service. Our aim is to provide our customers with the ultimate auction experience. We must be doing a good job as we are rated Excellent on Trustpilot!
We have two great opportunities to join Fellows. Neither need specific qualifications and are both brilliant entry-level roles for anyone wanted to get started in the auction and jewellery / antiques industries.
General Overview of the position:
This key role will provide essential support to the busy Pawnbroker Jewellery Department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Unpacking deliveries, raising issues with vendor.
- Producing paperwork to prepare auctions for viewing
- To assist with ticketing and the preparation of the view.
- To assist with viewing and sale day.
- To help with collections and sending out of goods after the sale.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Ability to multi task.
- High level of accuracy.
Skills & Knowledge
Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (further Navision training will be provided).
Jewellery knowledge/experience an advantage but not essential
- Bright personality with smart, presentable appearance.
- Effective organisational skills
- Good time and attendance, reliability and commitment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Teamworking skills and cooperative approach to work
- Practical approach to work with good common sense
- Pro-active approach to work
- Assertive and persistent
Things to consider
Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reports To: Pawnbroker Jewellery Manager
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Birmingham, West Midlands
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.