About the employer
Norwich City Football Club is an English professional football club that competes in the Premier League, the top division of English football.
5 out of 7 days. Total hours per week: 40.00
Location: Carrow Road – With travel
Norwich City Football Club is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn and develop to join an expanding Communications department. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team covering all platforms, helping to deliver high quality written content across multiple channels.
The Journalism Apprentice will assist the Senior Club Journalist in all areas of written content; delivering the Club’s overall strategy with regards to fan engagement and helping the Communications team to deliver it. The successful candidate will work closely with and support the needs of the Norwich City Academy and the Community Sports Foundation.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
This opportunity combines working whilst completing a Journalism Apprenticeship via Highbury College (training provider).
- Understanding the communications strategy at the Club and helping the Communications team to deliver it
- Develop a good understanding of the football industry and Norwich City Football Club
- Understand interviewing techniques and carry out straightforward interviews on a variety of issues across the Club, including the Academy
- Carry out research for news items, including searching for historical information and pictures
- Prepare content for specific purposes (e.g. social media and Club publications)
- Help ensure all written and still photography content on Canaries.co.uk and other relevant channels is maintained and accurate at all times
- Ensure that news items are focused on the Club’s main demographic but support the Club’s youth engagement objectives
- Support the development of new editorial content to cover the activities of the Norwich City Academy and the Community Sports Foundation
- Build relationships with key members of the organisation, including Academy players and staff and key staff at CSF
- Develop a clear understanding of the need to maintain absolute confidentiality around sensitive Club issues (e.g. player signings and kit release)
- Attend home and away Academy matches for U23s, compiling match reports and updating Twitter with live updates on the Academy Twitter account
- Conduct audio post-match interview(s)
- Excellent writing skills with a passion for delivering high-quality work to demanding timelines
- Must be pro-active, motivated, organised, responsible and able to work independently and in a team
- An inquiring mind, with a clear interest in journalism and high degree resilience
- A willingness to embrace change and work flexibly to cover Matchdays
- A willingness to learn and present themselves in a professional manner and with absolute discretion and confidentiality
- A passion for sport/sports entertainment
- Confident and personable
Communications Team – Head of Communications, Communications Executive, Head of Content, Senior Club Journalist, Club Journalist, Video Producer, Video Apprentice
Academy Coaches – U23 and U18
CSF Head of Marketing and Communications
Norwich City FC Values
Growth: we are passionate about personal and team improvement, it drives our ambitions
Integrity: we are always open, honest and genuine
Belonging: we believe everyone is important, together we are stronger
Resilience: we stay true to our values, we learn from our challenges and go again
Pride: we take pride in ourselves, our team, our tradition and our future
Commitment: we work hard, enjoy the journey and celebrate our successes together
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/09/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.