To assist in the preparation and serving of food to the students and staff. To include general kitchen duties of stocking, cleaning and complying with the requirements of food hygiene regulations and temperature checks.
Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 2.00pm. Total hours per week: 30.00
12 months apprenticeship.
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of food in the kitchen and setting up service
- To help serve staff and students during break and lunch periods
- To handle food and drinks and operate the till
- To clean area after service and set up ready for the next day
- To keep records of cleaning and temperatures of fridges and hot holding service
- To check and advise of the need to order stock needed
- To set up trollies needed for functions as required
- To complete an end-of-day cleaning schedule and to sign against jobs carried out on the cleaning schedule - specific tasks are allocated depending on the post
- To work to the required hygiene standards at all times
- Ensure appropriate responses in respect of child protection and safeguarding issues
- To ensure safe working practices, and insofar as is reasonably practicable, a hazard free environment in all areas
- To help out in the main kitchen as needed
- To undertake other duties from time to time commensurate with the position as required by the Catering Manager or other appropriate managers
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/07/2018
This job is located in Kings Lynn, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.