Do you have an interest in cooking, like the idea of working in a busy kitchen and have a desire to progress?
We have a number of entry level Kitchen Assistant positions available, where no experience is required as we will provide full training to get you to the next level – with a pay increase when you have successfully completed your training.
The training programme is for 6 weeks (based on full-time hours), where you will have the opportunity to work in one of our kitchen environments; from grills and burgers in our American diner to fine Indian fusion cuisine.
In addition to our great range of standard and unique benefits, you’ll also receive:
A share of tips – which are evenly split based on hours worked
Your uniform will be provided and laundered
All colleagues working in the following restaurants: Rajinda Pradesh, Huck's American Bar and Grill, The Pancake House, Sports Café, The Lakeside Inn, Foresters' Inn and Vitalé Café Bar will benefit from the discretionary service charge we add to bills. The majority of our guests are happy to reward our colleagues for their excellent service.
As a fast-track chef you will learn and progress from the ground floor up, helping with the preparation, cooking and presentation of food, working to the highest standards and in an environment that combines popular menus and quality food with the very best in service.
Duties will include:
- The preparation, cooking and presentation of food to menu specifications
- Learning about stock control, portion control and food wastage
- Understanding dietary requirements
- How to use specialist kitchen equipment safely and correctly
- Keeping a safe and hygienic working environment
- Keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and organised
- You will be given all the training and support you need to succeed, from your dedicated trainer / manager and our online learning portal.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for food, have good communication skills, enjoy working as part of a team and have the desire to learn and develop.
No previous experience is required
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Day passes for you and your family / friends to access the village
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurants and retail outlets
- Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Access to Perks at Work Portal - offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/12/2023
£10.58 per hour rising to £11.20 per hour when trained
This job is located in Elveden, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.