Are you interested in completing a degree but unsure about going to University full time and want to gain valuable work skills?
Finn Pathologists are excited to be able to offer the Laboratory Scientist (Applied Biosciences) degree apprenticeship.
Come join us to learn more about the world of veterinary diagnostics and how you can make a difference to animal health.
This permanent post will include a distance learning level 6 degree apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will run for approximately 5 years at the end of which you will earn a Laboratory Scientist (Applied Biosciences) degree from Kent University.
Initially your days will involve preparing blood and urine samples for testing on a variety of analysers, as well as recording and preparing samples to be sent to partner laboratories.
General laboratory housekeeping and helping the rest of the team achieve their daily goals. As you learn more, both within the company and through the apprenticeship you will have a chance to be involved with more areas of the laboratory.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a passion for science.
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and desire to succeed, who works well with others.
- Be able to follow instruction and procedures accurately with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be able to perform well under pressure with the ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbally).
- Be able to satisfy the entry requirements for the course. Ideally 80 points at A-level including Biology, with 5 Grade C or equivalent GCSE's including English and Maths. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered.
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/03/2021
National Minimum Wage
This job is located in Harleston
More Information and How to Apply
About CVS (UK)
CVS is the largest veterinary group in the UK encompassing four main business areas; our veterinary practices, diagnostic laboratories, pet crematoria and e-commerce division. Our success is derived from the passion our people have for animals and for making...