Applications for this role are now closed.
About Us: We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, meaning we re-invest any financial surplus back into our services. What goes in – stays in! We work for the whole community, providing quality facilities and opportunities to lead a healthier, active lifestyle and manage 16 facilities across Suffolk with 1 in Cambridgeshire, on behalf of West Suffolk Council and Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Council.
Calling all Leisure Assistants, including those who would like to begin their Career in the Leisure Industry!
*School Holidays ONLY*
Where is this Vacancy? Bury Leisure Centre IP33 3TT
What is this Vacancy? A Leisure Assistant is responsible for lifeguarding, maintaining excellent cleanliness standards and helping with equipment set ups and set downs whilst delivering great customer service.
How much will I be paid? Your hourly rate is dependent on your age and is between £8.21 and £8.91(Following national living wage changes in April 2021)
What hours are available? 14.75 hours (Average) per week – School Holidays ONLY
What would my rota look like?
- Week 1 Tuesday - 11:00-14:30 Thursday - 10:00-14:30 Friday - 10:00-14:30
- Week 2 Monday - 10:00-14:30 Tuesday - 11:00-14:30 Wednesday - 10:00-14:30 Thursday - 10:00-14:30
Are you? ·
- Wanting to start your career in the Leisure Industry? ·
- Great at delivering Customer Service? ·
- A team player? ·
- Able to have a flexible approach to a busy and varied working environment?
Can you? ·
- Maintain cleanliness onsite and deliver maintenance tasks? ·
- Be responsible for others’ safety and wellbeing? ·
- Act on your own initiative?
If you are answering yes, you may be a great fit for this role and for Abbeycroft to achieve our Mission in Inspiring someone to do something that has a positive impact on their health and wellbeing.
* You may now be asking…*
Do I need qualifications for this role?
The role will require a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). Those applying without this qualification will have the opportunity to undertake full training.
- The qualification requires you to be able to jump/dive into deep water, tread water for 30 seconds, surface dive to the deepest part of the pool (1.8m),
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back, Swim 50m in less than 60 seconds as well as climb out of the pool unaided.
Are there any staff benefits?
- All contracted staff gain free use of Abbeycroft Leisure’s Health, Swim, and Fitness Facilities.
- We also have access to Westfield Health benefits, to help support your mental and physical health whilst saving you pennies in Highstreet stores!
- A DBS enhanced disclosure will be required for this post
How to apply
Apply by sending your CV and a short covering letter to Recruitment@acleisure.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 03/05/2021
£15,839-£17,826 pro rata
This job is located in Haverhill, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.