8am – 6pm Monday to Friday (weekends are a possibility in the future as are rotational shifts). Weekly rota, working days vary based on schedule. Flexible working required to accommodate busier days. Paid Lunch break 30-40 hrs per week. Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Jan 2021
- GCSE's or equivalent in maths and English Grade C/4 or higher are desirable but not essential
- Relevant animal experience is desired
A fantastic opportunity for someone who has a keen love of animals to become one of our Camp Carers, look after dogs and be part of a growing award-winning team.
You will have a natural affinity with dogs and obviously a dog lover!
You will most likely not have gained experience that will be that relevant, however we expect you to have at least walked a dog and know some basic commands. We do expect you to have an understanding of dogs and general behaviour, be confident in and around a group of dogs and have a positive attitude to join our team.
Vacancies always prove to be popular so think about what makes you stand out to be in with a chance for an interview.
- Contribute to providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment for all dogs
- Caring and general supervision of the dogs
- Vigilance in supervising their care, well-being and entertainment.
- Ensuring a plentiful supply of water
- Ensuring dog waste is removed immediately
- Tending to the dogs thoughtfully, gently and with care
- Feeding the dogs correctly (measured and on time)
- Dealing with any “special needs” dogs, i.e. older dogs or some on medication
- Paying close attention to the notices regarding dogs status such as an injury, recent surgery or allergy
- Careful and efficient monitoring of any changes or differences in dogs behaviour/temperament/condition
- Communicating and working with the team
- Treating peers with respect
- General cleaning duties, hoovering, sweeping, mopping, polishing, washing up etc
- All other miscellaneous duties that may occur on a day to day basis
- Any other reasonable duties as per the needs of the business evolves.
- You will answer to and work directly with the Managing Director
- Ensuring dogs are happy and safe at all times
- Keeping an open and honest dialogue with senior management
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2021
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Camp Tails Doggy Daycare
Established in December 2016 as Bury St Edmunds Canine Creche we brought the world of dog day care to Bury St Edmunds in a storm winning multiple awards along the way.