A fantastic opportunity for someone who has a keen love of animals to learn to be one of our Canine Carers, look after dogs and be part of a growing award winning team You will have a natural affinity with dogs and are basically dog lovers!
8am – 6pm Monday to Friday Minimum 30hrs/3 days Weekly rota, working days vary based on schedule Flexible working required to accommodate busier days Paid breaks Occasional Saturday for Puppy Parties. Total hours per week: 30.00.
14 months apprenticeship.
- Contribute to providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment for all dogs
- Caring and general supervision of the dogs
- Vigilance in supervising their care, well-being and entertainment
- Ensuring a plentiful supply of water
- Ensuring dog waste is removed immediately
- Tending to the dogs thoughtfully, gently and with care
- Feeding the dogs correctly (measured and on time)
- Dealing with any “special needs” dogs, i.e. older dogs or some on medication
- Paying close attention to the notices regarding dogs status such as an injury, recent surgery or allergy
- Careful and efficient monitoring of any changes or differences in dogs behaviour/temperament/condition
- Communicating and working with the team
- General cleaning duties, hoovering, sweeping, mopping, polishing, washing up etc.
- All other miscellaneous duties that may occur on a day to day basis
- Any other reasonable duties as per the needs of the business evolves
- You will answer to and work directly with the Managing Director
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/07/2018
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.