Game Anglia presents
What is LEVEL UP?
● A 16-week game development course for young people aged 16-25 who are not in employment, education or training (NEET)
● Designed by Game Anglia, a Community Interest Company growing the games industry in the East of England
● Delivered by professional educators and game developers
● Delivered in partnership with the Games courses at the University of Suffolk and made possible by LIFT
● Focused on horizontally-transferable skills such as project management, user experience design and programming
Skills for participants
● Programming principles, with a possibility to branch into C# programming for talented students
● Adobe CC suite skills, specifically Photoshop and XD, standard tools in the 2D art industry
● Google Play Store and Google Analytics
● Trello project management tool
● Team work
● Critical thinking
● Problem solving
● Working to a deadline
● Public speaking and presentation skills
● At the moment, all workshops are planned to take place on Saturdays, between 10AM - 3PM, at the University of Suffolk in Ipswich
○ Financial support for transport is available to participants
● All workshops will also be livestreamed, for participants who prefer attending online events
● In case we deem it unsafe for a workshop to be delivered live, we will do our best to accommodate online-first delivery
○ We are currently exploring whether we can help participants who do not have access to a PC or laptop, but at the moment having access to a PC or laptop is a participation requirement
How to apply
The application can be done in one of two ways:
○ Applying directly on the LEVEL UP website: https://levelup.gameanglia.co.uk
○ Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
■ Name, date of birth and postcode of applicant
■ Reason why the applicant wants to take part
You must sign up by December 2020 for our February 2021 start.
Be sure to read the full course details here for more information, before you apply.
About Game Anglia
Game Anglia is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company whose mission is to grow the video games industry in the East of England region using a grass-roots approach. We work with young people to create opportunities for them to learn new skills, meet and ne...