Are you looking to start a career in the leisure industry? Breckland Leisure Centre is offering a Leisure/Lifeguarding Apprentice and are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends. Total hours per week: 30.00.
12 months apprenticeship.
This will be a varied role within the club and your main duties will include:
- Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules
- Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required
- Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care
- Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility
- Taking occasional responsibility for the induction and development of new members of staff
- In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies
- Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role
- Reception duties including telephone enquiries and face to face enquiries
- Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations that this provides, referring to appropriate members of staff for guidance and support
- Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
- Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
- Preparation of activity area and equipment
- Attendance at regular pool training
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2018
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.