Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves clients with the design and placement of insurance programmes, claims support and advocacy and alternative risk strategies.
As part of Marsh McLennan, Marsh has a huge global reach; one of the benefits of working here is getting to experience in a company with a business span across 130 countries structured around 7 regions- 2 super regions of US & Canada and International, which comprises UK & Ireland along with Continental Europe, Asia, Latin America & Caribbean, Asia Pac and MEA.
About the Programme:
18 month programme to start in October 2024
Based in Norwich
- Work towards the Certificate of Insurance (CII) Level 3 in Insurance Practitioner, Senior Financial Services Customer Advisor or Business Administrator qualification dependent on job role.
- Permanent full-time role with competitive salary & career progression
- Potential future progression within the company, developing your role with continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications
- Access to Employee Resource Groups
- Range of roles available within our Specialty, Corporate, Placement or Risk Management Practice business units.
- An unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management
- Join and work alongside a large apprentice cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other apprentices across the various locations
Roles are non-rotational and will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices roles fall within:
Within Broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector, and working with a team to broker a deal.
Maintaining an existing and sizeable portfolio of clients by means of managing day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals and loan processing. You will be expected to effectively manage key relationships with clients as well as internal stakeholders within the business.
Providing excellent levels of customer services to a portfolio of clients, responsible for maintaining and enhancing the revenue from your existing client base as well as undertaking an active sales role in generating new business through cross-sales across other divisions of the business and external opportunities.
Working with the UK’s largest clients to understand their business, the risks and what value looks like for them. Working within a highly-skilled team of Client Advisors and Executives, you will be involved in placing classes of insurance, improving resiliency, reducing claims, and minimising costs.
An in-depth knowledge of industry sectors allows us to provide a comprehensive offering to the UK's largest clients. We combine a deep understanding of our clients and their industries with unparalleled product knowledge, market access and experience in specialty insurance.
focusing on delivering great client service, working across all our business areas including Aviation, Marine, Construction, Real Estate and Energy, learning and understanding the end to end process across Operations with lots of opportunities to innovate through process redesign and technology.
What you will be rewarded with?
We offer and embrace a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days per week allowing 2 days per week to be spent working on a remote basis.
Competitive Benefits Package including:
27 days annual leave, up to 4 days flexible bank holidays, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
Generous Family Leave including:
6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
We will rely on you to:
- Contribute to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives.
- Research ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for Marsh and its’ clients.
- Manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to Marsh Business Divisions and external clients.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Marsh colleagues, clients and external parties.
- Proactively manage tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and financial records.
- Contribute to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries
What you need to have:
- 96 UCAS points at A-Level or equivalent (B-TEC, T-LEVEL etc)
- 5 GCSE’s at Grades 9 – 4 (including English & Maths)
- Right to Work in the UK or Republic of Ireland (no visa sponsorship provided)
What makes you stand out:
- Team player with a willingness to share ideas, knowledge and experiences
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard of work
- Keen interest to work in a diverse and collaborative environment
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2024
To be advised
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.