Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services.
Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Are you a student or graduate looking to unlock your potential within an organization that provides limitless opportunity?
Make the most of your future now by choosing a company that lives its values and watch our series IM Marsh McLennan for an inside look at building a career with us
2024 Marsh Graduate Programme
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves clients with the design and placement of insurance programmes, claims support and advocacy and alternative risk strategies.
As part of Marsh McLennan, Marsh has a huge global reach; one of the benefits of working here is getting to experience in a company with a business span across 130 countries structured around 7 regions- 2 super regions of US & Canada and International, which comprises UK & Ireland along with Continental Europe, Asia, Latin America & Caribbean, Asia Pac and MEA.
About the 2024 Marsh Graduate Programme
As a graduate you'll benefit from being handed responsibility from the outset, an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop a broad understanding of the risk and insurance industry, as well as receiving support in building key skills.
Within Marsh you will have the opportunity to join our exciting business practice, where you will be assigned in a broking role supporting a team of experts on selecting and obtaining the best insurance programme; or you will be assigned to a client-facing role where you will work with a team of Client Executives on understanding their clients’ business, the challenges they face, their risks, and what value looks like for them. You will then be in a position to learn how to advise on the best course of action for their risk management and work with the broking teams to manage and optimize our value proposition.
There are 3 core components which will contribute to your learning and development:
- On-the-job learning and training
- Professional skills development
- Level 6 Senior Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Qualification
This programme will be an unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. You will work alongside a large graduate cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other graduates across the various locations, and you will join a company with a strong brand and strong results to match.
You will also have access to a variety of Employee Resource Groups which promote the many backgrounds and perspectives of our colleagues; you will have the opportunity to participate in volunteer and mentoring opportunities and you will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package.
What can you expect?
- 24-month Graduate Programme
- Permanent, full-time contract
- An unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management
- Join and work alongside a large graduate cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other graduates across the various locations
- Company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Access to Employee Resource Groups which promote the many backgrounds and perspectives of our colleagues
- Volunteer and mentoring opportunities
- Support from line manager and early careers development team throughout the programme
- Buddy and mentorship schemes in place
Our graduate programme recruits into a number of different business areas within Marsh, allocation of which area you will go into will take place once you have received an offer. The areas include:
- Risk Management
What you will be rewarded with?
- We offer and embrace a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days per week allowing 2 days per week to be spent working on a remote basis.
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 27 days annual leave, up to 4 days flexible bank holidays, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
We will rely on you to:
- Broking - Within broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector and then working with a team to broker a deal.
- Client Executive/Advisor - As a Client Executive you’ll be liaising with your clients and understanding their business, the risks and what value looks like for them. You’ll then be in a position to advise on the best course of action for their risk management and work with the broking teams to make this happen.
What you need to have:
- On track to receive a 2:1 or above
- Right to Work in the UK or Republic of Ireland (no visa sponsorship provided)
What makes you stand out:
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships.
- Language skills are desirable but not essential
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2024
To be advised
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.