Matchday Safety Stewards
Location: Portman Road Stadium
Hours: Casual contract, working weekends & evenings
Salary: £12.50 per hour
• Do you have experience in customer service?
• Can you keep calm under pressure?
• Have you ever been interested in becoming a Safety Steward?
If so, look no further….
With promotion into the Championship, we are expecting even more sold-out games.
Therefore, we are looking for more Safety Stewards to join our team for the 2023/24 Season.
Our Safety Stewards play an integral part on a matchday, aiding and managing exciting crowds. Safety stewards are responsible for providing customer care to our
wonderful supporters and away fans during home games and during stadium events.
You should be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of a steward.
Hours are to be worked around home games, and big stadium events.
As well as an opportunity to work for ITFC at a very exciting time, we will give you the opportunity to work towards your NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Being responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area by staffing entrances, exits and other key safety points within the stadium.
• Constantly monitoring the spectators in your area checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and acting in accordance with standing instructions.
• Ensuring safety practises are adhered to, such as ensuring gangways/pathways are clear and assisting with prevention of overcrowding.
• Carrying out safety checks and recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such matters immediately.
• Attending all required training and understand general responsibilities towards health, safety and welfare of all spectators, steward’s, grounds staff and themselves.
If this is you:
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy advert.
This may mean that the vacancy could close early should a suitable candidate be found.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully
shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted. Therefore, if you haven't heard from us
within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume you haven't been shortlisted on this
The closing date for this job offer is on 29/02/2024
£12.50 per hour
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.