The following information is from the National Apprenticeship Service
Panks Engineers are looking to employ a Mechanical Apprentice. The successful applicant would spend their Apprenticeship in various departments within our company. This will enable them to learn how the company operates and it would make them a far more rounded Mechanical Engineer by the time they complete their Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate would not only gain a mechanical engineering qualification but they would also be trained in house on pumps and their systems and gain a variety of mechanical skills.
The apprentice would be expected to spend an amount of time in the departments relative to what the role requires, these departments would include the following:
- Stores/goods in
- Electrical and Mechanical installs within the construction industry
Within this role your duties will include:
- Assisting in the repair and service of pumps in our workshop
- Fault finding and rectifying pump faults
- Assisting with inspections and maintaining records
- Working alongside qualified engineers
- Working from and with technical information
- Following Health and Safety procedures
- Undertaking engineering activities efficiently
- The successful applicant would spend their Apprenticeship working alongside our qualified engineers in the departments listed above.
They would be answering directly to the engineers and the departmental Line Manager on a daily basis.
Every day is varied in our workshop as it is on site so if you like variety then this role may suit you.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good observational skills
- Good writing skills or the ability and interest to develop them to the required standard.
- Personal qualities
The successful applicant must have:
- Good time keeping
- Be physically fit as the job can be demanding
- Be able to work within a team
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Have an interest in engineering or electrics
- And, most importantly, be keen to learn and enthusiastic
Qualification’s required are 9 / A as a maximum and 5 / C as a minimum in GCSE, especially in Maths, English and Science.
For full details and applications, use the buttons below to visit findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.