About the employer
Deben UK Ltd. are a precision engineering company based in the UK, specialising in the field of in-situ tensile testing, motion control and specimen cooling for microscopy applications.
Established in 1986 as Deben Research Ltd. and named after a Suffolk river, Deben now operate from a large modern facility near Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk, UK.
Main product groups are motor control systems, in-situ micro-tensile stages, peltier heating & cooling stages, detectors for SEMs and electrostatic beam blankers. We also make custom and OEM versions of these products to specifically meet customer requirements.
In 2011 Deben joined the Judges Scientific plc group and in 2012 Deben acquired KE developments.
Deben also provide consultancy, design and prototype manufacturing services. Our in house facilities include SolidWorks and SolidEdge 3D CAD and COSMOS finite element analysis software, CNC machining, electronics design and manufacture and software design using Visual C++, Microsoft.net and DirectX. Utilising this experience we design and manufacture products for OEMs and end users in the UK and overseas.
Deben UK Ltd was established in 1986 as Deben Research Ltd, named after the Suffolk river. Currently operating at Suffolk headquarters. As part of a £100M AIM listed Company Deben is perfectly positioned to exploit its unique market position.
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
We operate a flexible working pattern, with core hours of Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm and 9am to 1pm on a Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
This position will be based in our onsite production team.
With all first off design, prototypes and ongoing production being done inhouse the production team is a key part of the business, with frequent interactions with all other departments to achieve our high quality and standards of specialised products.
The successful applicant will be under the supervision of the Production Co-ordinator and Production Manager. Full support from existing members of the production team, including previously served apprentices will always be available.
Deben operates solely from our offices in Woolpit, Suffolk where all Deben UK Ltd employees are based, therefore the candidate will be familiar with all employees on a regular basis.
- PCB population (surface mount and through-hole soldering) when required
- Electronic component identification
- Mechanical system assembly, including gearboxes, leadscrews, bearings and slides
- Modular chassis building from raw parts in kit boxes
- Appropriate use of hands tools such as a multimeter
- Working to engineering drawings, models and schematics provided
- To diligently work towards gaining the stated qualifications through attendance and completing work at College
- Working as part of an established production team in a busy and practical environment, developing practical skills in the mechanical and electronic assembly process
- To demonstrate full understanding of Company policies and processes
- Learn how to use mechanical and electrical fault-finding techniques
- Develop your applied skills to contribute to the provision of complete build, repair and preventative maintenance solutions for electronic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Communicating with all levels of the business, as required
- Promote good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
- Contribute to the maintenance of Health and safety in the workplace
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/06/2019
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students. Our ethos is to put our learners’ success at the he...