Applications for this role are now closed.
About the role
- To be the first point of contact for our members and deliver an exceptional customer service.
- To ensure customer needs are met through the delivery of a high-quality service and by promoting the Society’s products and services.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (35 hours a week). Rotated Saturdays are required.
- Based between our Saxmundham and Halesworth Branches.
Your day-to-day activities
- To be the face of Suffolk Building Society.
- To provide our members with excellent service and an enjoyable branch experience.
- To support and take part in branch events and branch led community activities.
- To gather feedback from members and use this to help improve the service the Society delivers.
- To ensure that all administration duties are performed accurately and in accordance with Society procedures.
- To effectively process all transactions ensuring no errors are made.
- To conduct appropriate checks to safeguard our members’ investments and guard against financial crime.
- To be an ambassador for the Society by supporting the branch within their local community.
- To understand the complaints procedure to escalate complaints appropriately and compliantly as required.
As a Member Assistant you will:
Have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Preferably have 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grades A-C or equivalent.
Enjoy taking ownership of your work and working within a team.
Have a keen eye for detail.
Ideally have experience in the customer service industry.
You will be rewarded with:
- Annual salary of £19,073.60 (£10.48 per hour)
- The opportunity to participate in a discretionary bonus scheme
- On the job training and excellent career progression opportunities within branch and our Head Office
- Financial support with ongoing professional development
- 23 days annual leave increasing with tenure, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, and free pension advice
- Life insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Healthcare cash plan
- Retailer discounts
- Free uniform
- Opportunities for volunteering with local charities
- When applying for this role, please submit a CV and details of why you are interested in the role.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website which confirms that your personal data will be destroyed after a period of six months.
Due to the volume of CV's we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible for us to respond to you if your application has been unsuccessful.
To find out more information or to apply visit our vacancies page!
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/04/2022
Annual salary of £19,073.60 (£10.48 per hour)
This job is located in Saxmundham & Halesworth, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk Building Society
Suffolk Building Society’s mission is to be a safe home for savers and to provide safe homes for communities for people across Suffolk and beyond. Unlike banks, building societies have no shareholders and instead over 60,000 members all have a say Suffolk Buil...