Shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Sep 2021
- Good Literacy and Numeracy
- Able to demonstrate practical skills
- Logical thinker and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Must be well motivated, capable of working as an individual or team member
- Considers time and attendance important
- Conscientious and considerate of others needs
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English, Maths & Science
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Metal Fabricator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The company is continuing to develop their apprenticeship programme and are looking to recruit apprentices within the Fabrication Dept to work closely and develop skills within the Press Shop.
The role will include the following:
- Marking out and measuring: Transfer complex dimensions to sheet steel using hand tools and measuring equipment
- Laser Cutting: Operate the CNC laser to produce complex shapes in sheet metal through laser cutting
- Sheet Metal Bending: Operate the CNC Press Brake to produce complex shapes in sheet metal by bending and pressing
- Tube Bending: Operate the CNC Tube Bender to produce complex shapes in tube steel
- The apprentice will also receive EH&S training covering their role
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd is part of Textron Inc, a multi-industry company operating within the aircraft, defence, industrial, and financial industries. Textron employ 33,000 people in 25 countries.