Applications for this role are now closed.
About the role
- Working in the Mortgage, Post Completion Department to ensure the efficient processing of all mortgage administration in accordance with the Society’s procedures, within timescales and
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To provide a first-class service to all the Society’s customers through producing high standards of work and ensuring that all service standards are achieved.
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Based at our Head Office, IP3 9SJ. Hybrid working available upon successful completion of probationary period.
Your day-to-day activities
- To support and assist the Mortgage Manager in providing and effective and efficient post completion mortgage administration service to the Society and its customers.
- To be responsible for ensuring all redemption and lump sum payment activity is accurately processed and recorded including collation of management information to support retention activity.
- To be responsible for the timely and accurate initial registration, amendments and discharge of Title at the Land Registry.
- Be the first point of contact and effectively manage and administer correspondence and telephone enquiries from all internal and external customers, including complaints and general account administration, ensuring manual and system records are accurately maintained and up to date.
- To be responsible for accurately processing account and product changes, as part of the Society’s mortgage maturity and retention process to support the Retentions Officer.
- To be responsible for efficient delivery and processing all essential changes, amendments to mortgage accounts including undertaking contract amendments ensuring these are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner.
- To support the team in interest rate adjustments, statement production, monthly reports and regulatory returns.
As a Mortgage Administration Officer, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grades A-C or equivalent.
- Have a good understanding of customer service principles.
- Knowledge of lending criteria.
- Have mortgage knowledge and MCOB Rules (desirable).
- Be an excellent communicator with a can-do attitude.
- Have demonstratable organisational, problem solving and team working skills.
You will be rewarded with:
- Annual salary of circa £21,300 depending on skills and experience
- On the job training and excellent career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to participate in a discretionary bonus scheme
- 24 days annual leave increasing with tenure, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme and free pension advice
- Life insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Healthcare cash plan
- Retailer discounts
- Opportunities for volunteering with local charities
When applying for this role, please include details of why you are interested in the role.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website which confirms that your personal data will be destroyed after a period of six months.
Due to the volume of CV's we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible for us to respond to you if your application has been unsuccessful.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/04/2022
Circa £21,300 depending on skills and experience
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk Building Society
Suffolk Building Society’s mission is to be a safe home for savers and to provide safe homes for communities for people across Suffolk and beyond. Unlike banks, building societies have no shareholders and instead over 60,000 members all have a say Suffolk Buil...