Applications for this role are now closed.
Havebury Housing Partnership manages over 6,800 homes for Affordable Rent and Shared Ownership. Our homes are in towns and villages right across the East of England and we are consistently adding more homes to our portfolio.
We work closely with local authorities, agencies, and housing developers to collectively meet the local social housing requirements whilst proactively providing tenancy and estate services to our tenants.
Havebury Housing Partnership will build, manage, and maintain high-quality, safe, and secure, affordable homes that are ready to meet the challenges of climate change and people’s changing expectations. They also want to remain an employer of choice, offering flexible working arrangements and modern workplaces.
• Use understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating.
• Repair the fabric of a building, such as repairs to walls, skirting boards or plaster damage.
• Refurbishment or deep clean of surfaces.
• Maintain targets and be flexible and adaptable.
• Participate in your own development plan, supervised by line manager and the training provider.
• Engage in meetings, supervision, and seminars.
Maths and English GCSE (4 - 9) - desirable
Comfortable with IT skills, particularly use of a tablet – desirable
• Enthusiastic learner with commitment to continuous improvement
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• An awareness of what makes good customer service/experience
• Effective use of IT systems
• Be familiar with our values and demonstrate examples of how you align to these
• Good time management
• Driving licence
• An awareness of social housing and what it is
Training to be Provided
Property Maintenance Operative (Level 2)
Things to consider
Havebury is a great workplace with incredibly supportive colleagues, so a positive space to learn and develop your skills and knowledge. They offer an extremely competitive benefits package with 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as an online discounts platform, health cash plan, and more.
There will be an opportunity of a permanent position following the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/05/2022
£230 per week
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.