Applications for this role are now closed.
Calling all New Graduate Vets!
The Grove are looking for a New Graduate Vet to join our team in Norfolk. We have practices in Fakenham, Swaffham and East Dereham. We are extremely proud of the Grove Veterinary Hospital as it is today with our state of the art equipment and experienced team of vets and nurses, enabling us to offer a gold standard professional service.
CVS New Graduate Summer Camp 2021
We are extremely proud to be able to offer the CVS Graduate Programme which has supported over 500 brilliant graduates via the programme since 2015. We are always learning and working hard to constantly evolve the programme each year – in order to provide you with the best support and opportunity for your first years in practice. We are confident that 2021 will be even better, read on to find out more…
At CVS, with people are at the heart of our strategy, we endeavour to provide our colleagues with the best possible experience and provide them with all the support they will need to not only cope but to thrive in their roles. To put a positive spin on 2021 and help make up for these unprecedented difficult times, we have decided to enhance our already wonderful New Graduate Programme by adding on an initial, paid for, all singing and dancing 3 week New Graduate Summer Camp, that our new recruits will attend before they go into practice.
The 3-week Summer Camp will comprise a two-week residential training programme supported by one week of applied online learning, delivered through Knowledge Hub, our fantastic virtual learning environment.
The Summer Camp will:
- Enable us to meet our new graduates in person so that we can welcome you to CVS
- Allow our new grads to practice key day-one skills and re-visit essential knowledge
- Bring graduates together so they get to know colleagues and have a peer-support network right from the start
- Provide you with the opportunity to learn about CVS and how our practices operate
We want to make the transition into working as a fully-fledged vet as smooth as possible and for our new grads to enjoy their job from day 1.
This is what some of our vets on the CVS Graduate Programme say:
“Throughout my first year as a new graduate on the CVS Graduate Scheme I have felt very supported both in my practice and externally through being a part of CVS. The practical CPD we get to do is definitely my favourite part as it also provides an opportunity to network with other fellow graduates while covering some essential topics for first opinion practice. I would highly recommend the programme to any new graduate as it provides a supported and structured start into your veterinary career.”
“My favourite part of working as a new graduate vet for CVS are the opportunities offered by such a large cooperation. The experience and possibilities are great when you are trying to find your own path according to your passion. The CPD offered is also invaluable and there is a great support network.”
These are just some of the benefits of joining us:
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice
- Salary of £31,000 which increases to £33,500 at the end of year 1 and £36,500 at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave with our Buy & Sell holiday scheme, plus bank holidays.
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role, whether it be dedicated small animal, farm animal or mixed practice.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School – providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers – with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend: Financial bonus up to £1000!
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/05/2021
This job is located in Fakenham
More Information and How to Apply
About CVS (UK)
CVS is the largest veterinary group in the UK encompassing four main business areas; our veterinary practices, diagnostic laboratories, pet crematoria and e-commerce division. Our success is derived from the passion our people have for animals and for making...