Main Purpose of Job:
To assist in the billing, collection & recovery of Council Tax/Business Rates, ensuring Council Tax /Business Rates income is received promptly & efficiently.
- To administer and process all types of council tax/business rates billing and recovery functions, within agreed targets, including the negotiation of payment arrangements and the monitoring of subsequent recovery.
- To deal with customer correspondence and enquiries in person, by email, by telephone or by letter, providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times.
- To deal with reports and other general tasks that are the responsibility of the Revenues Department.
- To liaise with all departments of the council/ARP, government departments, external bodies such as Debtors, Bailiffs, Enforcement Agents, Valuation Office and members of the general public.
- To process all types of Council Tax or Business Rates enquires by operating various IT systems within targets set at any time.
- To be familiar with and keep own knowledge up to date regarding Council Tax or Business Rates legislation, process, procedures and policies.
- Liaise closely with all Revenues and benefits staff to ensure a smooth and seamless service to the public.
- Assist the council’s representative at court if required.
- To handle telephone queries from members of the public and other stakeholders
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required and compatible with and/or arising from those listed above or directed by a Head of Service.
Requirements of the roles:
- Experience working in a busy, target driven office environment
- Competent at database computer systems, Outlook, MS office including Excel
- Excellent customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, self-motivated and a team player
- Demonstrate our ARP Operational Values
- Willing to continually learn and adapt quickly to service needs and legislative updates
- Liaise with other departments, Citizens Advice and Department for Work and Pensions
- Available to work at our Thetford office
What we offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary £17,972
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Click here for Job Description
Click here to see Person Specification
Contact us at email@example.com today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Or call 01842 756537 and ask for Lucy to find out more about this opportunity
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2019
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2019
Band C £17,972 – £21,074
This job is located in Thteford, Norfolk
About Anglia Revenues Partnership
The Anglia Revenues Partnership (ARP) is a group of seven councils, who are working together to provide high-quality, shared revenue services to their residents.