About the employer
Superdrug is part of the AS Watson Group and is the UK's second-largest beauty and health retailer currently operating over nearly 900 stores in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. We currently have about 200 in-store pharmacies.
Our purpose is to be the best in everyday accessible beauty and we are committed to bringing innovation and the latest styles and trends to the high street at fantastic prices.
30 hours per week; shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00
What is a Retail Apprenticeship?
It will involve working in our store as a full time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business.
What’s the deal?
You will work 30 hours a week on a 13 month contract, earning from £5.40 per hour dependent on location. That’s £168 a week!
What will it look like?
You will work with the team in store helping and serving customers, ensuring shelves are stocked and the store is welcoming and attractive.
This will include-
- Understanding what the Superdrug customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
How will it work?
You will work through a programme of learning delivered through a combination of workbooks and online learning, with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12 month period to ensure you meet the standard required for the qualification.
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a showcase/presentation of your portfolio evidence.
On completion of your End Point Assessment and Apprenticeship you will receive;
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- An in depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!
The closing date for this job offer is on 15/11/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.