Kier Highways is looking to recruit an Apprentice Operative who will report to the Operations Manager. The successful post-holder will be working within a gang, ensuring Health & Safety, quality of workmanship and compliance within all company policies while on site.
- Work independently using your own initiative
- Undertake principles of highway maintenance
- Levelling and setting out, Access ERR and Small Tools
- Concrete+ reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Safely locate underground services
- Reinstate modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Ensure that work is completed to a high standard within a reasonable time scale
- Take ownership of issues on site
- Communicate with the supervisor as and when required
- Have a sense of time management to ensure all issued work is completed
- On this apprenticeship programme, you will complete an Apprenticeship in Highways Maintenance with the C where you will gain:
- CAA Level 2 Diploma in Highways Maintenance
- Level 2 NVQ in Highways Maintenance
- Level 1 Functional Skills (Maths and English)
- NRSWA Operative Card
- Abrasive wheels
This will involve attending college, over a 2 year time-frame. You will receive hands on experience including mentoring and coaching from experienced members of the team.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Full driving license
- Have a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Self-motivated and organised
- Reliable and hardworking approach
- Good communication skills
- Willing, helpful, and enthusiastic
- Able to continue to learn and take on new tasks as and when presented
- Able to adapt to different working conditions and flexible on working out of hours
- Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
This job is located in Wymondham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Kier Group
We are a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invest in, build, maintain and renew the places where people live, work and play. From building and civil engineering services to property design and management, we cover a variety o...