RAF Mildenhall,is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located near Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.
Despite its status as a Royal Air Force station, it primarily supports United States Air Force (USAF) operations, and is currently the home of the 100th Air Refueling Wing (100 ARW).
On 8 January 2015, the United States Department of Defense announced that operations at RAF Mildenhall would end and be relocated to Germany (Spangdahlem Air Base) and elsewhere within the UK. After a period of uncertainty it was confirmed in July 2020 that the relocation of operations would no longer take place and that Mildenhall would remain open until at least 2027
They provide local employment to UK residents as part of their civilian workforce and are currently seeking a Painter
You will perform the full range of painting, including surface preparation, blending and matching paints and coating of various surfaces requiring fine finishes and decorative effects. You will prepare various interior surfaces and exterior buildings and other structures by mechanically and chemically removing old paint and rust, filling cracks, sanding and applying fillers and base coats. Wash and sand surfaces as necessary and treat them with oil, turpentine or other preparations. Select more sophisticated methods of surface preparation when necessary to ensure a high-quality or decorative finish. Use various tools such as rollers brushes spray guns, thickness gauges and compressors and adequately mix, thin, blend and match coating materials. Utilise safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment. Use and ensure proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing.
Knowledge and Experience Required
Applicants must demonstrate the following;
• Knowledge of surface preparation and coating methods and techniques including special finishing techniques; and paints and thinning additives.
• Knowledge of safety regulations, practices and procedures is required.
• Knowledge of regulations pertaining to hazardous waste management is required.• Skill in reading and applying directions that relate to the mixture, use and application of various kinds of coating materials, solvents and pre-coating agents; and tinting, toning, matching and blending coating materials is required.
• Skill in determining the methods, techniques, devices and materials best suited to obtain the surface condition and finish required.
• Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
Other Important Information
• 0800 – 1630, Monday to Friday.
• May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays or overtime at short notice.
• Overtime may be required, but cannot be guaranteed.
• The work will require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. Minimum category ‘B’ driving licence will be required for this position. Please provide a copy of your driving licence with your application.
• May be required to train and/or guide lower graded employees.
• Exposure to toxic paints, chemicals, or other hazards may require occupational health examinations.
• May be required to assist other workers in various crafts.
• This position may be coded as mission essential.
• Paid Annual Leave
• Paid Sick Leave
• Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
Who Can Apply
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants who have a minimum of five years consecutive residency in the UK are considered for this position; however, those who do not meet this criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All successful applicants will require a security clearance.
Please note pre-appointment security clearance requirements may delay start date.
Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a driving licence or current passport.
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizens due to the Status of Forces Agreement.
For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel
All applications, with relevant attachments and CV must be submitted via email email@example.com and received prior to the closing date.
Equal Opportunity Employer
There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status, disability, race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a trade union.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/02/2021
£10.10 per hour
This job is located in Mildenhall, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.