Applications for this role are now closed.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
About the employer
A large and prestigious firm offering interior and exterior decorating services in Ipswich and the surrounding area.
With over 15 years’ painting and decorating experience, we present the very highest standard of professional workmanship.
From our free consultation onwards, your homes are as important to us as they are to you.
Bree’s Decorating has a proven track record of repeat clients and recommendations are a testament to the expertise and care that we pride ourselves on providing with our painting and decorating services.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm. Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jun 2021
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability
- Ideally, applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths at 9-3/A*-D for a Level 2
- Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship
The apprentice will be supported and trained to cover the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Using a range of equipment, tools and material
- Understanding the characteristics of materials and their reaction to atmospheric conditions
- Safe and efficient methods of use, maintenance, movement, protection and storage of materials and equipment
- Work hazards, safe working methods and appropriate safety requirements
- How to work at height including the safe use of platforms, steps, ladders and scaffold
- Learning how to use the most appropriate products and use of colour in different settings
- Costing, pricing and budgeting
- Planning time, scheduling and costs associated with a project
- Key factors and systems of working in different sectors, such as occupied properties, health and education facilities where residents, patients and students may be present
- Learning the key differences between modern and traditional construction methods
- Learning the differences of each product type for example, water-borne, solvent borne and epoxy
- Using data sheets, control of substances hazardous to health sheets, method statements and risk assessments
- Preparing methods including removal of previous coatings and wallcoverings using hand tools, power tools and chemicals
- Learning traditional and modern methods of making good surfaces
- Different systems for metals, wood, plastic and factory finishes
- Using techniques of application by brush, roller, pressure assisted roller and spray application
- Learning specialist decorative techniques for example, graining, marbling and gilding
- Removal and application of wallcoverings
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Pinewood
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.