Moore Green is a 3 partner, general chartered accountancy practice situated centrally in Suffolk market town.
Based in Suffolk, Moore Green is a firm of Chartered Accountants offering accounts, audit, taxation and business advice, bookkeeping and payroll services. Serving a wide range of businesses and individuals, Moore Green's client base is made of of local, national and international clients. There is an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
Working within the Payroll department and under the supervision of the department Manager, the role includes payroll preparation from client core data, payroll administration duties, dealing with HMRC on payroll matters, plus other general practice accountancy related tasks as required.
- Helps to gather, create, and process payroll-related information to ensure employees are paid on time and accurately
- Verifies and confirms data by liaising with employers and colleagues
- Performs payroll tasks using electronic payroll software
- Complies with legal and contractual obligations
- Provides internal and external reporting of payroll information to deadlines as required
- Participates as required in preparation and activation of payroll for clients
- Meets with clients as required and answers client telephone enquiries, referring the client as necessary
- Ensures effective and appropriate communication with colleagues and clients
- Is aware of own limitations and actively seeks support from senior staff
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works to relevant ethical and professional standards in a legal and regulatory environment that is constantly changing
- Participates in a programme of continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure currency and compliance.
- Undertakes any other duties considered to be commensurate with the role.
Five GCSEs, grades 6-9 which must include Maths and English.
Evidence of further education, for example: ‘A’ levels, B-tech, or NVQ level 2.
- Good written communication skills
- Good ICT and keyboard skills, including the use of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc)
- Able to work as part of a team, and independently on own initiative
- Able to plan and prioritise allocated tasks within prescribed timescales
- Able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions
- Able to analyse information
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Pleasant, friendly personality
- Able to build excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrates smart and professional appearance
- Demonstrates some knowledge of the practice
- Demonstrates motivation and keenness to engage in professional education
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous professional development
Training to be Provider
Level 3 Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship
Payroll Technician Certificate
Things to consider
The role involves working full-time as part of a small team, to provide payroll services for our clients. Candidates need to be confident in team-working and communication with others. They also need to be confident that they are able to get to West Suffolk College for training as required.
If the apprentice is successful in gaining their qualification, it is likely they will be offered a permanent position when their training is complete.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£12,800 per year
This job is located in Sudbury, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.