Applications for this role are now closed.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 130 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
The Payroll Advisor Apprentice will work as part of the GB Payroll team processing accurate and timely monthly payrolls for approximately 7,000 employees. The key purpose of this role is to gain both technical knowledge and experience of working in the payroll industry, whilst completing an 18-to-24-month Payroll Advisor Apprentice programme.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Timely, accurate data input and audit checks to ensure control of financial data integrity.
- Compliance with UK statutory legislation relating to payments and deductions for colleagues in accordance with HMRC and company policies
- Adopting practices and processes to ensure on-going compliance to internal/external audit requirements
- Providing support and assistance to Payroll colleagues including senior members of the team as and when required
- Triage and action as appropriate of the WTW UK Payroll mailbox and case management system “Service Central”
- Understand and comply with the GDPR requirements when dealing with sensitive data on a day-to-day basis, applying tact, diplomacy, absolute discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- Spend 20% of time studying towards Payroll Advisor Apprenticeship
- All-encompassing general admin duties
Training to be provided
Level 3 Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Programme
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2022. There may be the opportunity to start earlier.
This Apprenticeship is an 18–24-month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for you to become a qualified payroll administrator. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
GCSE A-C English & Maths or equivalent
Skills and qualities
- Effective communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, whilst maintaining a high degree of diligence and accuracy
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet competing demands
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude with the ability to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on “How to Ace your Video Interview”. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 4: Online assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
In partnership with Willis Towers Watson, this module will help you prepare for upcoming interviews. With a key focus on video interviews, Willis Towers Watson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
How to apply
Please use the link attached to create your account and application https://wtw.taleo.net/careerssection/iam/accessmanagement/login
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/05/2022
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.