RAF Mildenhall,is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located near Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.
Despite its status as a Royal Air Force station, it primarily supports United States Air Force (USAF) operations, and is currently the home of the 100th Air Refueling Wing (100 ARW).
On 8 January 2015, the United States Department of Defense announced that operations at RAF Mildenhall would end and be relocated to Germany (Spangdahlem Air Base) and elsewhere within the UK. After a period of uncertainty it was confirmed in July 2020 that the relocation of operations would no longer take place and that Mildenhall would remain open until at least 2027
They provide local employment to UK residents as part of their civilian workforce and are currently seeking a Plumber and are offering a Recruitment incentive of £223.47 is payable bi-weekly over 4 years (104 pay periods), subject to conditions
As part of the 100th Civil Engineering Squadron, you will perform the full range of plumbing duties such as installing, repairing and modifying water supply, sewage disposal and similar utility systems and equipment. You will independently install, modify, repair and maintain a variety of new and existing utility, supply and disposal systems and equipment such as sewage, water and water closets, tubs, backflow prevention devices/ assemblies, fire sprinkler systems and showers. You will plan and accomplish work from initial layout to final assembly which involves interpreting and applying building plans, specifications, blueprints, sketches and other plumbing guides/codes, using shop mathematics.
Troubleshoot / test various plumbing systems and equipment. Use and maintain hand and power tools. Utilise safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment. Use and ensure proper fit of required safety equipment.
Knowledge and Experience Required
• Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of and experience in equipment assembly, installation, operation and repair, to include routing, placement, slant, slope and fall of systems; and of technical practices in order to plan, lay out, install, modify, troubleshoot and repair various systems and equipment.
• Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and experience of applying safety regulations, procedures and practices.
• Skill in installing, modifying and repairing new and existing utility, supply and disposal systems and equipment without normal supervision is desirable.
• Candidates must demonstrate skill in using and maintaining tools and equipment such as rules, levels, plumb bobs, dividers, various gauges and meters, various drain cleaning devices, hydrostatic pumps and torches.
• Skill in troubleshooting difficult or hard-to-detect leaks and operating problems is desirable.
• Ability to use shop mathematics, take measurements and lay out angles, arcs and circles is
• Must hold a minimum of NVQ level 3, or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline, together with post qualification experience in the trade. Please provide a copy of your
qualification with your application.
Other Important Information
• Monday – Friday 0800 – 1630. May be required to work other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
• Shift work or emergency overtime may be required.
• May be required to work through lunch break in the event of an emergency.
• Overtime may be required but cannot be guaranteed.
• May be required to be on call.
• Will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as steel toe boots, and gloves for certain tasks.
• As required, may train and/or guide other personnel in the performance of plumbing duties.
• Will be required to have immunizations due to working with sewage. A pre-employment physical examination will be required.
• May be assigned other duties appropriate to your grade and skill set.
• After training, may be required to hold and use a United States Government Purchasing Card (GPC) to purchase materials and tools.
• May be required to participate in local disaster, accident and contingency exercises.
• Position may be coded as mission essential.
• Paid Annual Leave
• Paid Sick Leave
• Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
Who Can Apply
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants who have a minimum of five years consecutive residency in the UK are considered for this position; however, those who do not meet this criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All successful applicants will require a security clearance.
Please note pre-appointment security clearance requirements may delay start date.
Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a driving licence or current passport.
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizens due to the Status of Forces Agreement.
For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel
04-28-085219-410. All applications, with relevant attachments and CV must be submitted via email to email@example.com and received prior to the closing date
Equal Opportunity Employer
There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status,disability, race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/02/2021
£11.75 per hour
This job is located in Mildenhall, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.