Applications for this role are now closed.
Podiatrists are healthcare professionals who specialise in the feet, ankles and legs, providing preventative advice, care, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a range of lower-limb problems.
Suffolk GP Federation CIC (SGPF) has opportunities for full-time podiatry apprentices to join our innovative and supportive podiatry team. This is a developmental role in which the post-holder will work towards completion of a BSc (Hons) degree in podiatry with the University of London (UEL), and recognition by the Health Care Professions Council, while being employed as a supervised clinician with SGPF. The podiatry apprenticeship is a four-year programme combining work-based learning with mandatory off-the-job study.
Advantages of the apprenticeship include:
- Earning an increasing salary whilst learning
- Employer covers university fees
- On-the-job access to ‘real world’ experience
- Off-the-job access to UEL learning resources
- Gain specific graduate level skills
- Enhanced graduate employability
Applications are invited from motivated individuals who can evidence both the ability to study at a higher education level and also to work effectively within a health-care team delivering high-quality, people-centred care. Applicants will need:
- Grade C in GCSE English language and mathematics (or equivalent)
- 3 A Levels (minimum BBB) including biology and chemistry
The academic part of the training will be provided by UEL, and will combine university-based learning, virtual learning and self-directed study. The content mirrors traditional undergraduate BSc (Hons) study. The programme includes the following modules:
- Professional practice and mental health
- Anatomy and physiology
- Podiatric practice, pathology, pharmacology
- Musculo-skeletal assessment and management
- Clinical reasoning and research methods
On the job learning develops clinical skills in specific areas of practice. For example:
- Level 4 routine care and core assessment and patient management skills
- Level 5 musculoskeletal pathology and diabetes care
- Level 6 complex practice including the high-risk foot and nail surgery
To learn more about podiatry apprenticeship opportunities with SGPF please contact: email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
Year 1 (60% Band 5 salary)
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk GP Federation
Suffolk GP Federation is a not-for-profit organisation owned by 58 GP practices covering 580,000 patients. Members remain independent organisations, whilst working together to develop local primary care.