The Port of Felixstowe is Britain's biggest and busiest container port, and one of the largest in Europe.
The port handles over 4 million TEU (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units) and welcomes over 4,000 ships each
year, including the largest container vessels afloat today.
Container Operations is our core business where we receive vessels and load and discharge containers.
We also offer our customers excellent Rail Operations, Examination facilities and Roll-On, Roll-Off
To support the continued growth of the business we are looking to recruit a number of Port Operatives to
drive our internal movement vehicles (IMV) transporting containers to different areas across the Port. As
a 24hr/7 day operation we are looking to increase our resource to service the peaks and troughs we
experience as a business.
- Drive plant equipment, initially Internal Movement Vehicles (IMV) to transport containers around
the Port to meet customer requirements.
- Obtain a minimum of two operational skills to be used flexibly within the defined shift pattern to
support the workload peaks and cover absences where required.
- Carry out all aspects of IMV driving duties in support of port operations including the use of
information technology systems and ancillary work connected with such operations.
- Carry out all aspects of any other skill obtained in support of port operations; these may include
but not limited to: Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane (RTG), Crane Coordinator, Stevedore
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to all work, utilising relevant licences to operate plant or perform
other duties where required.
- Undertake reasonable training that the company may require.
- Strive to achieve consistently high levels of productivity and customer service, meeting
- Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures and standard operating practices, with
recommendations for action and continuous improvement.
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Full DVLA driving licence.
- Ability to obtain Internal Movement Vehicle licence (IMV) with 3 weeks of training.
- Keen focus on ensuring Health & Safety standards are met and maintained.
- Proactive, can-do attitude with a flexible approach to work recognising the requirement to deliver
to meet customer expectations.
It would be advantageous to have:
- HGV license
- Previous shift working experience
Please apply via the Port-al. The selection process will involve a competency based interview and
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/06/2018
circa £28,000 including bonus and shift pay
About Port of Felixstowe (Hutchinson Ports)
The Port of Felixstowe is Britain's biggest and busiest container port, and one of the largest in Europe. The port handles more than 4 million TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units) and welcomes over 3,000 ships each year, including the largest container vessels...