Applications for this role are now closed.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm with a 30-minute lunch break. Total hours per week: 37.50.
Possible start date
13 Sep 2021
Minimum 5 GCSE (grade 4/C or above) English and Maths or equivalent.
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully.
- Competent IT user.
- Awareness of cost and its impact.
- Active in improving processes both within their role and outside of their role.
- Willingness to undertake all training diligently and as directed by the Company and/or the training provider and achieve an acceptable standard throughout demonstrating consistent and conscientious effort.
- Understand the importance of a professional approach to work and aim to get each work element ‘right first time’.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Trustworthy, open and honest.
- Embraces and contributes to change.
- Adapts and is willing to be flexible to get the job done.
- Demonstrates professional behaviour always.
- Contributes to the team environment maximising performance in the most effective manner.
- Courteous and respectful of colleagues at all times.
During your first year, you will learn the following:
- Our company’s IT systems and databases.
- The process of sourcing and purchasing aircraft and non-aircraft parts and equipment.
- The types of certification required to purchase aircraft parts.
- The supplier approval process.
- The full customs process relating to imports and exports.
During your second year, you will learn:
- The identification of the requirements for material to ensure that correct stock levels are maintained for operational requirements.
- The extraction and manipulation through Excel of raw data to a workable format and analysis data to identify aircraft parts which are required for operational requirements.
- To manage all items supplied via consignment stocks, ensuring sufficient stock is maintained always through analysing usage data.
- The process of tendering contracts.
- The purchasing, control and management of all company tooling and ground equipment in line with company procedures.
- To purchase all tooling in accordance with company procedures.
You will also receive the following training during your apprenticeship:
- Microsoft Excel Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced courses.
- External import procedures course.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Norwich International Airport
More Information and How to Apply
About KLM UK Engineering Limited
KLM UK Engineering is a leading regional aircraft and narrow bodied Maintenance Repair Organisation, wholly owned by the AFI KLM E & M Network.