Glasswell & Last are an established business based in Bury St Edmunds. We work predominantly within the utility sectors with clients such as Anglian water and National Grid and after a management buy-out earlier this year we are now looking to expand our workforce. We work all over the UK with 90% of works in East Anglia.
There is an opportunity for an engineering apprentice to join the team.
This role will be predominantly based within our Bury St Edmund office, although you will be expected to undertake some work in our workshop, on designated construction sites or active utility sites involved in water or waste treatment. Site work could be anywhere within the UK with 90% of works in East Anglia.
Working with and supporting the design team in the office to undertake duties in 2D & 3D such as:
- Production of pipe & instrumentation drawings
- Production of schematics
- Production of general arrangement drawings
- Production of fabrication drawings
- Producing parts list
- Producing pipe and instrument schedules
- Producing concept designs
- Attending team meetings
- As an apprentice you will start with easy tasks, as experience and training progresses you will be given more responsibly and be expected to work on your own initiative.
GCSE Maths, Science & English Grade C / 4 or above
GSCE e.g. Graphic Design / Design and Technology or Resistance Materials, etc
- Ability to listen and learn
- Confidence to ask questions in order to learn about what and why you are being asked to do certain tasks.
- Ability to retain knowledge
- Ability to follow procedures and systems of work
- Basic knowledge of CAD
- Excellent time keeping
- Polite, smart / well presented
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
Things to consider
This role will involve a mix of working in an office environment, in a workshop and on site outdoors in all weathers. There will be work or site visits within hazardous areas and working at height or within confined spaces. There may be an element of staying way when working on some sites that are further away from the office.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship there is an opportunity for a full time role as Design Engineer. Further training is available for those who prove themselves capably and have the desire to continue development of their skills / knowledge.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£232 per week
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.