you will generally work Monday - Friday 9-5 however the council may require you to be flexible with this. Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2020
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and maths.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Development Management team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the Planning or Building Control field.
You will learn how to maintain accurate land and property records on both GIS and on database systems. You will also be trained to provide support and advice service to end users and colleagues within the Council regarding the use of land and property systems.
- Preparation and/or collation of information relevant to the job, and it’s use
- To generally assist with the administrative/clerical work and efficient operation of the Property Information and Land Charge Service
- To type all types of documents including letters, reports, and property enquiries, etc. as required, to include the use of word processing and other computer software packages
- To type and assist in the preparation of Registration, Full Search, Environmental Information Regulations & Freedom of Information Act requests
- To retrieve information from computerised data, microfiche, registers, files and other records including applications and consultation responses submitted electronically
- To maintain the Local Land Charges (LLC) Register and other land and property records. Ensure the validity of the LLC Register for its ongoing correctness in accordance with statutory legislation and national conventions
- To carry out indexing of documents into the Corporate Document Management System. These may include both hard copy documents and those received electronically as well as large format drawings and the need to complete quality checks and any necessary remedial action
- To process land and property enquiries received under the Environmental Information Regulations, Freedom of Information Act and Local Land Charges Act. Register and validate all enquiries
- Communication and consultation with staff and managers
- To assist in the arrangement of meetings, produce and circulate agendas and take notes
- To assist in the provision of specialist support and advice to end users and service areas within the Council regarding the use of Land and Property Systems
- Preparation and dissemination of information for or to other teams within the organisation
- To maintain both manual and computer records/filing systems accurately and up to date
- To process Planning and Building Regulation applications using the Council’s GIS system
- Accounting and financial responsibilities, including budgeting
- To collect fees including the verification of BACS payments, cheques and ensure financial regulations re complied with
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of our organisation
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/07/2020
This job is located in Woodbridge, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About East Suffolk Council
On 1 April 2019, East Suffolk Council became a brand new super district council for east Suffolk, replacing Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils to deliver vital services for local communities.