Mott MacDonald are a management, engineering and development consultancy which works on projects across the world. By challenging norms, we like to solve humanity’s most difficult problems. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, and communities in which we operate
Imagine contributing to the design, construction and maintenance of everything around us, and on some of the worlds most high profile projects? Using programmes such as computer aided design and building information management, you’ll learn engineering principles and technics to help design and deliver infrastructure and buildings.
- To contribute to projects within the division
- To support the assistant project managers and project managers in - Monitoring and tracking progress
- Identifying and managing risks, opportunities, issues and dependencies
- Reporting and managing performance and project status
- Producing and maintaining project documentation
- Arranging and organising project meetings including agenda's, attendees, taking and producing minutes and action logs
- Identify areas for improvement, compliance risks and areas of good practice within the wider Rail team in the NW
- Proactively engage with Mott MacDonalds internal systems to build a level of expertise in there use to identify ways in which you can work in a more connected way with colleagues across the Global company
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
Construction quantity surveyor (degree) Level 6 (Degree with honours)
You will attend university one day a week to work towards your construction quantity surveyor (degree) qualification.
You will have the full support of your wider team, as well as a line manager, mentor and buddy, and a dedicated learning & development team
You will join our 2 year 'accelerate your future' internal training scheme as well as company provided training sessions.
Apprentices will be required to complete a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited BSc/BSc(Honours) or (where the apprentice already holds a Level 6 degree and subject to an assessment of prior learning) an RICS accredited Post Graduate Diploma or MSc that states it is linked to this apprenticeship.
Additionally, Apprentices will need to gain an Industry certificate in Site Safety Plus Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme which are required for safe operations in the workplace.
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 / C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C) Desired
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Employer's Application Instructions
You will complete our strength based assessment online and an application form. If successful you will have a face2face, or virtual, interview with your future team.
Successful apprentices can look forward to a potential position within the industry and can seek progression onto a higher level of apprenticeship.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/12/2023
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.