The Guildhall Surgery is a small rural General Practice with approx. 5,300 patient on our list, We have 2 General Partners who are supported by a team of nursing and administrative staff We treat patients for all aspects of their general health care i.e. minor illness, long term conditions, urgent on the day treatment, minor surgery etc.
· Greet patients and visitors to the practice.
· Book in, amend and cancel patient appointments in line with practice appointments procedures ensuing optimum efficiency of the appointment system.
· Ensure that patients without appointments but who need 'urgent consultations’ are booked into appropriate slots and referred to a GP or clinician where necessary.
· Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, assessing urgency in accordance with the Practice’s protocols. Print off home visit summary sheets.
· Ensure computerised appointment system is up-to-date.
· Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
· Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and temporary residents, ensure procedures are completed.
· Set-up of new patients onto the computer system.
· Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
· Produce repeat prescriptions according to practice procedures and ensure timely distribution of completed prescriptions – when required
· Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed electronically in correct patient record.
· Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
· Re-stocking of information leaflets/ registration and information packs, as appropriate
· Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly.
· Undertake administration tasks as allocated on rota organised by line manager.
. Ensure up-to-date maintenance of both computerised and manual filing systems (i.e. patient notes).
· Check emails on a daily basis.
· Regularly check clinical system to check all messages have been actioned.
· Amalgamation of new patient records.
· Action daily tasks from the reception duty check list ·
Equipment and Machinery:
· Personal Computer system including internet activity which is utilised as a means of communication both internally and externally
· Practice Clinical System EMIS to manage and record patient appointments, inputting patient registration data, accessing patient data as necessary and when undertaking audits
· Fax and photocopying machines.
· The post-holder is responsible for, in concert with others, maintaining the accuracy of the Practice’s Clinical System EMIS
Assignment of work
· The post-holder’s work assignment is determined by the requirements of the Practice, GP Partners, the Practice Manager and the patients.
· The Practice Manager provides immediate line-management for the post-holder. However, the post-holder is expected to be self-directed and self-motivated using their own initiative and requiring minimum input from the Practice Manager.
Decisions and judgements:
The post-holder is required to use her/his own initiative when dealing with problems and to make any reasonable and necessary decisions on events as they occur, including:
· Establishing and maintaining effective lines of communication with the GPs and Practice Manager.
· Communicating clearly and effectively with staff to aid the smooth running of the Practice.
· Using judgement and experience in helping to determine the relevant urgency of or requests for information received from patients and other external organisations.
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
Basic IT skills
Willingness to undertake further training as required and agreed
Training to be Provided
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
Things to consider
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Any travel expenses will be paid for work related training.
If there are any vacancies within the surgery once the apprenticeship is completed, then the applicant would have the opportunity to apply
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/12/2023
£ 221 per week
This job is located in Clare, SUDBURY, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.