We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Relief Farm Worker to cover our clients poultry farms across the Great Yarmouth Area, East Anglia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and getting their hands dirty! The successful candidate would have a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a small team working 44 hours over 6 days per week assisting in the process of obtaining top quality fertile hatching eggs, working as part of the team supporting the Farm Manager.
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with stock inspections, body weighing, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching egg management and cold storage
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Monitor flock health by ensuring all vaccinations blood testing, etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time. Any concerns must be reported to the Farm Manager immediately
Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health & Safety, Risk Assessment and COSHH manuals which are provided by the Company, and can be found on site
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) as appropriate and directed in manuals, or as required by Senior Manager
- Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletions
- Accurately record measurement data ie meter readings, temperature, etc and respond accordingly
- Undertake job related training as required
- Ensure maintenance of farms is to standard required
- Ensure all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times
- A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work
- Ensure site security is maintained at all time
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound stock management background
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the Farm Manager
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2021
£18,500 - £20,500 depending on experience
This job is located in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
How to Apply
About PB Recruitment Solutions
PB Recruitment Solutions helps both businesses and candidates with all recruitment needs. We sit right in the heartland of East Anglia and Lincolnshire, specialising in Agricultural and Construction.