About the employer
At TruckEast, our customers are our priority, so putting you first is a given. That means putting your needs at the centre of our operation. We say yes, and together we work hard around the clock to make it happen. Whether it’s your salesman finding you the perfect truck for your business or the 70 wide team of assistance technicians ensuring back up 365 days a year. It might even be your local service team fitting in that last minute repair that means you can meet your deadlines. Whatever you encounter, our team at TruckEast have got you covered.
Now employing over 370 staff, TruckEast are committed to excellence and this means building for the future. Each year investments are made in our premises, equipment and most importantly our people; ensuring we can deliver our promise to our customers “keeping your business moving”.
8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. (Hours may vary depending on branch opening hours). Total hours per week: 40.00
Based at TruckEast, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace. This will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Learning the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies – heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing
- You will be trained on how to: service, maintain and repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor, learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
- To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2019
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.