OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The estate’s leisure businesses now account for over two thirds of the estate’s revenue. The role of the Holkham Stories Assistant is to provide a positive and welcoming point of contact for visitors and provide information to and tell the Holkham story to visitors of all ages. You will be required to work to an operational rota as part of an effective Visitor Experience Team covering the whole of the visitor experience at Holkham.
The following is intended to provide guidance as to duties but it is not exhaustive. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specific duties will include:-
- Implement the daily operation of the Holkham Stories Experience including: Opening & closing, ensuring all relevant exhibits/props/digital technology/audio/interactives/lights are turned on/off & operating/ security and fire procedures are implemented & evidence of this practice is recorded in the relevant log.
- To provide a warm and friendly welcome and ensure every visitor has the correct ticket & are given an orientation to the exhibition. Act as a source of general information to visitors.
- To ensure that you provide the highest standards of customer service to all our customers.This will include looking for ways of exceeding customers’ expectations, anticipating customers’ needs and responding positively in all your
- communications with customers.
- To develop relationships with visitors so that they feel engaged and valued, increasing the likelihood of their repeat custom and recommendation to friends and family.
- To record and notify the Duty Manager and/or Education Manager and/or Supervisor if any elements of the exhibition are faulty or any damages occur.
- To ensure extremely high levels of cleanliness are maintained both within the exhibition & within the courtyard where possible e.g. emptying bins & assisting with clearing café tables.
- To monitor stock levels of leaflets, spotter sheets, the presentation of Gamekeeper props, wheat & feedback cards replenishing when required.
- To oversee the operation of the Tractor Driving Simulator. This includes checking tickets and explaining how to operate the system.
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the overall content of the exhibition and knowledge and understanding of the wider Holkham Estate.
- To maximize ticket and guide book sales and promote events.
- To provide a ‘meet and greet’ service for Educational Groups visiting the exhibition as required.
- To ensure that all areas of the exhibition & courtyard are kept clean and tidy at all times. This will include regular checks on levels of cleanliness of the wheat interactive in Room 6.
- To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times.
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Visitor Experience Team and the company as a whole.
The following personal qualities are required: -
- Initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
You will be required and encouraged to engage in a programme of professional development as required during the season.
Reviewed December 2019 – Sue Penlington, Education Manager
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/01/2020
£9.30 per hour (from 1st April 2020) for staff aged 21 and over.
This job is located in Holkham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Holkham Estate
Holkham is a special place where a stunning coastal landscape meets one of England’s great agricultural estates. It is a haven for wildlife, walkers and anyone seeking to connect with the uplifting power of nature.