Purpose of Training
To develop skills in a specified area of museum practice alongside training in core heritage-based knowledge and practical skills. To accredit your learning by completing a Level 3 Diploma in Cultural Heritage.
Principal Accountabilities for Meeting Trainee Agreement
- To actively participate in regular training sessions as one of a group of trainees.
- To attend meetings with your Supervisor, Mentor and the Skills for the Future Project Officer as required.
- To complete all required documentation for the training qualification (Cultural Heritage QCF Level 3)
- To assist in the creation and implementation of the museum’s marketing activities including:
- Identify and engage with existing and new target audiences or communities.
- Creation and distribution of print materials.
- Website maintenance and delivery of engaging content.
- Digital communications and social media.
- Writing accurate, imaginative content.
- Promote and sell services and goods such as tickets, corporate hospitality, room hire, etc
- Represent the museum at meetings and events as well as through written media, and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work alongside and support museum staff and volunteers.
- Understand and adhere to the principles of customer service
- To help coordinate a Partner Day hosted within your museum for project partners
- To take a pro-active approach to your own professional development by joining groups and networking through social media and at events.
- To develop core-heritage skills by learning about and assisting with a wide range of museum activity to gain an insight into museum management which may include collections documentation, event management, retail, learning activities and assisting on our estate.
- To support the museum to connect with its local community by contributing to the activity programme and taking a leading role in a community event.
- To carry out any other tasks related to your training or any other reasonable duties as required.
The following qualifications apply:
GCSE in English at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/10/2020
Bursary - £14,400 per annum
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Museum of East Anglian Life
The Museum of East Anglian Life is a social enterprise sharing the compelling story of East Anglian lives through historic buildings, collections and landscape. We aim to enrich people’s lives, encouraging enjoyment, learning and participation through our publ...