Purpose of Training
To develop skills in a specified area of museum practice alongside training in core heritage-based knowledge and practical skills. To accredit your learning by completing a Level 3 Diploma in Cultural Heritage.
Principal Accountabilities for Meeting Trainee Agreement
- To actively participate in regular training sessions as one of a group of trainees.
- To attend meetings with your Supervisor, Mentor and the Skills for the Future Project Officer as required.
- To complete all required documentation for the training qualification (Cultural Heritage QCF Level 3)
- To assist in the operation and smooth running of the museum’s retail and visitor services activities including:
- Support the visitor services team by working in the shop, out on site, making sales and providing the highest level of customer service.
- Process visitor admissions, memberships and shop transactions using our till system, in accordance with museum cash handling procedures.
- Assist in cleaning, merchandising and storing shop stock including pricing ready for display.
- Provide the highest level of customer service interacting with customers in an engaging and enthusiastic manner.
- Represent the museum at meetings and events as well as through written media, and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and adhere to the principles of customer service.
- To help coordinate a Partner Day hosted within your museum for project partners
- To take a pro-active approach to your own professional development by joining groups and networking through social media and at events.
- To develop core-heritage skills by learning about and assisting with a wide range of museum activity to gain an insight into museum management which may include collections documentation, marketing, events, learning activities and assisting on our estate.
- To support the museum to connect with its local community by contributing to the activity programme and taking a leading role in a community event.
- To carry out any other tasks related to your training or any other reasonable duties as required.
The following qualifications apply:
GCSE in English at Grade C or above, or equivalent
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/10/2020
Bursary - £14,400 per annum
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Museum of East Anglian Life
The Museum of East Anglian Life is a social enterprise sharing the compelling story of East Anglian lives through historic buildings, collections and landscape. We aim to enrich people’s lives, encouraging enjoyment, learning and participation through our publ...