We are known for our fresh home cooking, offering a full breakfast and lunch service every day, along with our amazing homemade selection of cakes and desserts and our award-winning afternoon teas. We are proud to hold a reputation for delivering exceptional quality food and customer service. Our coffee shop in Tiptree usually seats up to 270 and Sudbury 90 seats and is often full.
We are looking for a confident Sous Chef with experience of working in a busy fast-paced kitchen, you will need to have exceptional all-round knowledge as there will be a requirement to work across both the main and pastry sections of the kitchen with an emphasis on pastry. You will need to be a great communicator and have the confidence to work within a team and independently. The right candidate will need to bring their skill and knowledge to this role with it covering multiple areas of the kitchen and have a passion to bring new ideas, along with an interest and understanding of special dietary requirements.
• Effective multi-tasker – must be able to fit daily preparation duties around busy breakfast and lunch service
• Strong team player with good coaching skills with the ability to pick up and apply new skills and methods quickly.
• Excellent communication skills – listening as well as talking
• Problem solver with the ability to solve problems as they arise or seek appropriate advice
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to work
• Proven experience of working in a team, along with the ability to organise daily and weekly workload, adapting to changing priorities.
• Ability to work across both the main and pastry sections of the kitchen.
This position will mainly be based at our Tiptree restaurant but will include days each week at our Sudbury restaurant, applicants need to be aware this is a multi-centre based role.
Early applications are encouraged for this role, so please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, if we find suitable candidates.
The closing date for this job offer is on 15/05/2021
£23000 - 25000
This job is located in Sudbury and Tiptree, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Perrywood Sudbury
Sudbury is our second garden centre. Our first, Perrywood Tiptree, has been operating since the 1950s when Alan Bourne’s parents bought the land and called it Perrywood Nurseries – growing potatoes and pick-your-own strawberries. In 1984, Alan and wife Karin t...