We specialise in gymnastics training sessions and also offer fun birthday party packages for kids too! The successful coach will connect with all participants as individuals, using their name & building a good rapport. Be actively involved in all sessions, ensuring all the children are participating & having fun. Help all children learn, with demonstrations & positive feedback. To be effective and adaptable when working in the team and to ensure effective running of classes. A typical gymnastics class will consist of: We teach the basics and advanced gymnastics skills for a range of ages. Learning how to use all of our apparatus, beam, bars, floor, vault and our big bouncy air track. This Is a great way for children to socialise, make new friends and get active at the same time.
A fantastic opportunity with East Anglia Coaching Ltd, who are seeking an eager to learn, enthusiastic apprentice to work and study towards their Level 4 Sports Coaching qualification! They specialise in gymnastics sessions for children / young people, so apply now to be a part of this exciting team!
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- To be actively involved in every session
- To help build confidence in the children and leaders with positive communications
- To coach a small group of children efficiently with minimal input
- To deal with behavior issues correctly using the EAC guidelines
- To be effective and adaptable when working within a team
- To ensure no child is overlooked
- To clearly explain and describe all activities clearly
The coach will learn to apply this knowledge in work environments and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit
- Coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions that are attractive to the target audience(s) and develop motivational relationships with customers
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey
- Working collaboratively with sports clubs and other community assets, including volunteers, public services, youth workers, the police and community champions
- Supporting customers to co-produce rewarding volunteering opportunities
- Supporting families to participate together in sport and physical activity
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards your Level 4 Sports Coach qualification across a total duration of 21 months!
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
- All online / remote learning, no classroom or college day release
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship and arrange monthly online sessions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to be offered a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
Successful applicants will require a full DBS check. Please ensure you can commute to the work place.
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/01/2024
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.