Purpose of the role
Subtitlers provide live and pre-recorded subtitles to make the full range of TV output accessible to Deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers. The subtitling services operates 365 days of the year and subtitlers should expect shift work with a high proportion of evenings and weekends.
Subtitles both live and recorded TV and on-demand programmes.
Participates fully in a continuous process of performance improvement on a team and individual level.
Meets and exceeds expected accuracy, productivity and utilisation targets.
Participates in the training of new TVT staff.
Escalates issues and problems in a timely manner.
Supports the investigation and response to customer complaints or enquiries.
Understands all relevant operational workflows, software and systems, including details of interfaces and handoffs with clients and other third parties.
Contributes to the Health & Safety and regulatory compliance of the organisation by identifying and correcting or escalating any matters of concern appropriately.
Such other related duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- An excellent standard of written English, including spelling and grammar.
- An ability to work under extreme time pressure and in a live broadcast environment and maintain quality at all times.
Great teamworking skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to proofread, review and correct own work as well as text and scripts created by others to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Able to edit text or audio into clear subtitles which retain the full sense and flavour of the programme.
- A clear and confident speaking voice (as speech recognition is a key technology).
- Confidence with technology and able to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- A love of TV and a strong awareness of news and current affairs.
- A strong commitment to diversity and fairness.
- Must be proactive in tackling difficult issues and in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- An understanding of the aims, benefits and challenges of TV accessibility is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK Access Services industry is desirable. Knowledge and understanding of the global TV and Media industry is desirable.
Scope and Impact
The role directly interfaces with our clients’ audiences. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and must take personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, with superb attention to detail, they must be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining a professional manner.
£17,000.00 to £22,000.00
This job is located in Home Based, UK
How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.