(3-month Contract) – May/June to End of August
ZSEA (Zoological Society of East Anglia) is the charity which runs Banham Zoo and Africa Alive and is in an exciting period of change. Our mission is to connect communities to nature for conservation. To strengthen our commitment to conservation through collaborations, networking, and training activities to measurably improve local, national, and global biodiversity; To educate about nature, in nature, and for nature to foster engagement with the natural world; and to enable Africa Alive! And Banham Zoo to empower people to make positive changes in their lives and local communities by promoting the connections between nature and well-being.
By 2025, Our Five-Year Pledge will ensure that 15 species are safer from extinction; 15,000 individuals will experience improved well-being and 150,000 people are better connected to nature.
About the role
Reporting to the Zoos Marketing and Partnerships Manager, we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative marketing summer intern to assist our marketing team from May/June – end of August for a minimum period of 3 months to work on a host of marketing activities both online and offline at our physical sites, Banham Zoo and Africa Alive!
Some of the tasks you will do:
- Provide daily admin support to the marketing department across a host of exciting projects including a rebrand, new ecommerce site, and a host of super staycation summer!
- Assist in the setting of internal systems for the new inhouse marketing department.
- Assist in the communication across Internal departments of the weekly marketing update and be aware of marketing department individuals and their roles and responsibilities.
- Support in events and planning of events which are part of the summer marketing campaigns across both zoos.
- Gathering content for the marketing department both on and offline.
- Be the daily contact for the marketing department during the busy summer period and ensure the marketing department are made aware of anything new in the organisation that requires promotion or branding.
- Provide excellent customer care and always ensure customer satisfaction.
- Always ensure and encourage the highest level of safety for public and colleagues, by operating in accordance with the Zoo Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- You will be a recent graduate or currently studying marketing and be confident, creative, can hit the ground running working across several exciting marketing projects. Every day will be different, so flexibility and ability to manage a busy workload.
- This role will suit a friendly, collaborative, energetic and creative individual who wants to gain an insight across the whole of marketing at our busiest time of the year.
- Well-developed communication skills, both orally and written will be required.
- A whizz at Excel, PowerPoint and someone who can easily pick up new systems.
- Someone with a natural creative ability with great ideas which they can input, as our new inhouse team create our strategy for the next 12 months.
- A full driving licence is essential. As you will need your own transport as there will be a requirement to work weekends occasionally and to attend both Africa Alive and Banham Zoo as and when required. Mileage can be claimed at
- 0.45p per mile when travelling between each site.
In return we offer: National living wage, guaranteed full time hours each week, a contributory pension, 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays (pro-rata).
If you would like an opportunity to join our fantastic team, please download an application form from our website and then send it with a covering email explaining why you would be a suitable candidate for this position to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 18th April 2021. Emails sent after this date will not be considered and due to the expected volume of applicants, unfortunately, we will not be able to advise if they were unsuccessful or provide feedback on their applications.
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/04/2021
National living wage
This job is located in Banham
More Information and How to Apply
About Banham Zoo
Starting out with a only single groundskeeper and housing a collection of parrots and pheasants, the zoo's 50 acres of parkland is now home to more than 120 species - approximately 3,000 animals (including those from 5 critically endangered and 16 endangered s...