Applications for this role are now closed.
This is a fixed term contract projected to last until 30 Sep 2020, depending upon budgetary constraints The primary purpose of this position is to provide supply operations support pertaining to specialized or unique supplies and equipment that require unusual degrees of protection in shipment and storage, You will manage all types of supply equipment items for food services through stock control, requisitioning, delivery and inventory control. Expedite delivery of urgently required items and coordinate actions with transportation, production or other supply units as and when required. Act as an inventory specialist and assist in maintaining accurate accounts and records. Ensure that all incoming shipments of government equipment and supplies are inspected. Report irregularity in orders, any damages and other discrepancies for reconciliation. Assist the storeroom personnel on receiving, loading, unloading, and escorting food deliveries. Be responsible for warehousing of stock according to generally accepted supply warehousing and safety policies and standards. Perform a wide variety of record keeping, updating manuals on policies, directives, reporting and informational duties in support of the organization’s programs, functions and projects. Adhere to all Food Code and Public Health requirements.
Please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of governing supply regulations, procedures and instructions.
- Knowledge of supply functions, operations, program requirements and work methods.
- Knowledge of data entry and processing of supply transactions in an automated supply system.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply applicable reference material, such as supply regulations, manuals, catalogs, records, orders, etc., to accomplish tasks and resolve complex supply problems.
- Ability to apply basic analytical methods and techniques to resolve complex supply problems and/or deviate from normal supply management procedures or program requirements.
- Ability to receive, screen, review and verify supply documents and resolve discrepancies.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- The work will require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. Minimum category ‘B’ driver’s license will be required for this position
- May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft to attend necessary training or in the performance of duties
- May be assigned other duties not included in this position description, but that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent
- Employee may be required to undertake training as directed by management.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment as and when necessary.
HOURS OF DUTY:
The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
The closing date for this job offer is on 19/02/2020
This job is located in RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...