Applications for this role are now closed.
Monday - Sunday - Shift working, appropriate breaks included. Total hours per week: 30.00.
Possible start date
14 Jun 2021
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work in a team
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking for candidates who share these core values. They are:
- We think ahead, adapt, flex and focus to remain the front-runner and make the Leading Lives difference
- We value our relationships and collective strength so we can make the Leading Lives difference
- We grow ourselves to grow others to make the Leading Lives difference
GCSE’s or equivalent Maths and English grade C/4 and above.
We are looking for a friendly and efficient Apprentice Support Worker to join our team in our services in Ipswich.
You will join an experienced team with exceptional knowledge of the care sector and develop the key skills for a career in adult social care.
The role covers a variety of support worker tasks and responsibilities crucial to the smooth delivery of the service. You will report to the Team Supervisor and support our customers to lead the life they choose.
You will be supported to gain specialist work experience whilst achieving your professional qualification in Adult Care. We will provide training in the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in your apprenticeship with Leading Lives.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Identify and assist with access to opportunities within the local community which develop independence and inclusion
- Assist with daily living tasks, including intimate personal care where required
- Support people to manage their own finances in line with policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers and their families
- In conjunction with senior staff, take day to day responsibility for organising and planning duties and activities
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation and a role model to colleagues
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Rosa Iddon on 01473 720 488.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About Leading Lives
Leading Lives is award winning social enterprise which provides social care support for people in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. As a not for profit business we reinvest any surplus back into services for our customers...