Applications for this role are now closed.
Role: Support Worker
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 2 posts – between 21 and 37 hours per week (8.45am to 4pm)
Salary: £9.15 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
We are a leading employee-owned, not-for-profit, social enterprise that is highly regarded by our customers for providing social care support with a difference. We provide high quality social care support in the home and in the community for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond.
We exist to support people to lead the life they choose.
Every Day is Different
At Leading Lives, we know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference we make to other people’s lives. We know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
We are looking for a friendly, caring and reliable Support Worker to join our team at our Mildenhall Community Hub, a lovely small modern service situated next to the Jubilee Fields leading to the wonderful River Lark. We are only a short walk from the town centre and offer a range of daytime experiences for adults with learning disabilities both in the building and out in the community. We want people with a positive attitude who can build good relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements, having some knowledge of working with digital mediums is an advantage.
If you are someone who will bring fresh ideas and creative thinking to the activities we offer, and a modern approach to supporting people (particularly our younger individuals) we are keen to hear from you. If you want to enhance people’s learning and skills, as well as provide fun opportunities to socialise, make friends and have fun, then Leading Lives is the organisation for you!
For more about how we support customers, and the kind of work you could be doing as part of the Leading Lives team, click here.
• Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
• An opportunity to really make a difference
• Fully funded training to complete a Care Certificate, and QCF
• Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction and opportunities to develop your career through our Career Pathway
• Flexible working opportunities
• Occupational sick pay
• The opportunity to become a member of our employee-owned co-operative
• Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
• Free parking at our hubs
• Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
• Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
• Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
• Maintain the dignity and respect of our customers at all times
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
• Liaise effectively with families and carers
• Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
What you need:
• To be engaging, trustworthy and empathetic – an excellent communicator and relationship builder
• To be professional flexible and adaptable to support our customers’ needs and lifestyles
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are most important when recruiting new team members.
Please note due to the nature of this role, all new appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS with Children and Vulnerable Adults’ Barred List checks, along with all other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
For an informal chat about the role and Leading Lives please call 01284 719373.
Or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview. https://leadinglives.org.uk/apply-online
The closing date for this job offer is on 19/10/2021
9.15 per hour
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Leading Lives
Leading Lives is award winning social enterprise which provides social care support for people in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. As a not for profit business we reinvest any surplus back into services for our customers...