A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision; but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Our team of senior tax specialists guarantee a personal service delivering accurate, authoritative advice and guidance on all tax-related matters to help our clients solve tax issues quickly and efficiently whatever the size of their company. As the UK Member Firm of BDO International, we are well connected to advise businesses wherever they do business.
As a Tax Trainee your Programme you will spend 1.5 years working in the business while studying for your CFAB qualification (specific to some tax locations only) alongside the Higher National Apprenticeship in Accountancy (HNA), or the ATT qualification
After this you will go on to study towards either the CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation) or the joint ACA (Institute Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) and CTA for 2.5 years.
Business Area Overview
- Assist the trainees, Senior Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
- Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and Manager
- Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/08/2019
Competitive + benefits
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk Skills Show
In Suffolk we have some fantastic opportunities for employment across a range of burgeoning industry sectors. By bringing together employers, schools, colleges and training providers, Suffolk Skills Show offers the chance for young people to work out which car...