We are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join our Corporation Tax team in our Norwich office.
Our tax department has a significant number of corporate clients for which we prepare tax returns, advise on tax payments and provide strategic tax advice. The work is extremely varied and interesting given the diverse range of clients.
We offer tax trainees a full training package to include professional training for the tax qualification ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) together with a structured approach to training in the office to learn how to prepare tax returns, calculate tax liabilities and many other skills required to become a fully trained member of the tax department. Further exam training for the CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation) qualification is undertaken by some of our group.
- Assist in preparing corporation tax returns and calculating tax payments
- Prepare work to required deadlines ensuring it is accurate and well presented
- Undertake study as agreed for role
- Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with both clients and other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm
Our entry requirements are:
- 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above or
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade 4 (or C) including Maths and English
- All other requirements for ATT membership must be met
And you will also:
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop your technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/11/2020
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced and highly qualified experts skilled at helping businesses, individuals and charity/not for profit organisations.