Ensors Chartered Accountants LLP are seeking a Tax Trainee Accountant to join the Private Client Group within our Bury St Edmunds office. The ideal candidate will have A level standard qualifications or be a graduate, seeking to launch a career in Private Client tax work. Study support will be provided to undertake the ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) qualification. Alternatively the successful candidate may have recent experience of Private Client tax work within a UK accountancy practice environment, and be looking to commence (or continue with) study for the ATT qualification.
This position has a particular focus on developing personal tax skills and will involve preparation of self-assessment tax returns for individuals, Trusts and assistance with general tax compliance matters. The role will include interaction with both clients and HMRC.
There may be the opportunity for the right candidate to embark on the CTA qualification once the ATT qualification has been achieved.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Be looking to commence or continue with the ATT qualification.
- Will have a willingness to proactively study and develop tax-based skills.
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should possess a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with CCH software would be useful.
- Recent previous experience within a UK accountancy practice environment would be preferable, but is not essential.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with both clients and HMRC.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
- Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Will have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own transport, with the willingness to travel to assignments when necessary.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018, and was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category). We were accredited as ‘One to Watch’ at the Best Employers Eastern Region 2018 awards. See more here: https://www.ensors.co.uk/resources/article-type/news/
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff, in addition to providing the external training for the ATT qualification that is relevant to this role. Read more about working at Ensors here: https://www.ensors.co.uk/about-us/workingatensors/
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com, quoting reference ‘bury-pcgtrainee’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.
The closing date for applications is 14 April 2021. However, if we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early.
The closing date for this job offer is on 14/04/2021
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
Our highly trained, specialist teams provide a comprehensive range of services, from accounts preparation to insolvency advice, accounting systems to investment planning, business acquisitions to Capital Gains Tax advice.